Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving / Lord of the Rings Movie Marathon Day 3

Okay I think it's finally starting to catch up with me. I got up around 8ish and everyone was up already. Had a bit of a head ache so I took so ibuprofen. Ashphord asked if I minded if she made french toast for breakfast and of course I said no go for it. So that's what she did. The others helped me re-organize my house and put back everything into it's place. Also I found all but one of those missing quarters from the disaster game from last night.

We all had some yummy french toast for breakfast and then headed outside to play extreme bocce ball with the new set that Chris had purchased for me yesterday. After boccie ball we decided that we would go for a hike at Vasquez Rock (also becoming a movie marathon tradition). Both Ashphord and Anthony had never been to Vasquez Rocks so it's always exciting to take new people to one of the most beautiful places around. Luis hiked with us for about a half hour before having to head back home so we said our goodbyes and Me, Chris, Jes, Aaron, Ashphord and Anthony continued deeper into the park. Chris or as we were calling him Smegal was guiding us (though he had never been to this section before either). Soon we were far from the car and had a huge rock/mountain blocking us from getting back. So we trekked on and on as our water supply depleted. Chris had a plan and we just had to follow. But as it was pointed out.. look what happen to Sam and Frodo when they followed Smegal. But in the end the wonderful Chris found a way down the mountain side and back to our car. We hiked for something like 2 1/2 hours. It was crazy fun and I got to see parts of this park that I had never seen before.

After the hike I wanted to thank them all for staying all three days and making it a fantastic weekend so I treated everyone to lunch at Islands restaurant.

Once we were back from Islands we had to say our goodbyes to Jes and Chris, who both had long drives back up north.. Chris is 3 hours, Jes has 7 hours. Anthony and Ashphord took naps and Aaron and I just kicked back and watched some Simpsons. Ashphord joined us for a bit then Aaron had to head back south to San Diego area. Anthony finally woke up and when he first go here he was wearing his Ravenclaw robes so I told him we had to get a picture of us dueling.. me in my Gryffindor robes and he in his Ravenclaw and that is what we did. Ashphord took about ten pictures of us dueling... yep I'm a big ol' geek. Going to enhance the photos and will be posting them soon. After that we said our goodbyes and the 3 days Thanksgiving / Lord of the Rings marathon has come to an end.

It's always sad when the last person leaves, as I am all alone again but man what a blast these past three days have been. Thanks to all of those to joined me - Scott, Leslie, Jes, Nicki, Anthony, Ashphord, Leo, Jennifer and Matthew. And I really want to thank Luis, Chris, Jen, Anne and Aaron who have joined me for all three of my movie marathons so far. You guys are the core group of this movie marathon posse and I don't even have the words to tell you how much I appreciate, love and adore each and everyone of you.

You can check out more pictures HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment