Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hugo - Movie Review

Tonight I went to a screening of Martin Scorsese HUGO at the Paramount Studios. First of all this is where I saw Tin Tin a few weeks ago and it by far the nicest "screening" room I've ever been to and I've been to quite a few. Like Tin Tin this was also presented in 3D. I really didn't know much about this movie other then it was directed by Martin Scorsese and it was about a boy and there was some sort of robot involved but that was about it. 

Here's a short synopsis: Set in 1930s Paris, an orphan who lives in the walls of a train station is wrapped up in a mystery involving his late father and an automaton.

First let me say that this movie is visual stunning, the 3D like with Tin Tin wasn't gimmicky. It was beautifully done. The acting was superb, especially the lead boy who carries the entire movie. The writing and story was very sweet and kind of whimsical. The pacing is slow, not in a negative, omg when are they going to get thing rolling kind of way, but the movie is built that way. It's not a fast pace, action packed film. It moves at it's own pace, which is slow. There is drama, comedy and whimsy. It's a good family movie, though young kids might have a hard time sitting still. It's not a movie I could watch over and over again but defiantly once in awhile and it's worth watching at least once.

I would give Hugo a 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment