Thursday, December 15, 2011

Jeep Woes

Today I got up early and was really excited as I was going to Disneyland with my buddy Andrew. I was driving down the 14 and almost got to the 5 when I was going up an hill and noticed that my acceleration was decreasing even though I was pushing down the gas harder and harder. I knew something was wrong and made my way to the side of the freeway and parked. As I stopped my jeep smoke started to billow out of the hood. I jumped out and opened my hood and saw some sort of liquid all over the engine. My first thought was I blew a head gasket and that it was oil all over the place. There goes me trip to Disney today :(

I called AAA and as I waited I swore to myself that I wouldn't put anymore big money into this jeep. I would have to buy a new car, which in turn would mean I would have to cancel my England/Ireland trip. I was hoping it wasn't the head gasket and something much more cheaper. About 10 minutes passed when the tow truck arrived. The guy gave it a quick look and noticed that one of my hoses was off and that's were all the liquid came from. That actually made me feel a bit better. He also mentioned that it was my transmission line and not oil, which makes sense why I lost acceleration. Now the only question is did I cause any internal damage getting over to the curb. Luckily I didn't drive more then a few minutes after the issue happened.

The tow truck to me to a local repair shop and after a two hour wait, they replaced two hoses and gave my jeep a clean bill of health. Only cost me $125 which isn't bad, compared to what I thought it would cost. So England/Ireland trip is still on and I'll continue to drive this car until it's next big repair.

Also since it was only a few hours I continued on to my friends Andrews and we headed to Disneyland (that will be my next blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment