Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Crazy Day & Podcasting

Well today started with an email from a gay rehabilitation clinic who said that a "friend" informed them that I could use their services. Now I know for a fact that no friend of mine would every give my name to a place like that. So I figured it was either someone who doesn't like me (yes believe it or not I have some podcast listeners who don't really appreciate my love for The Guild) or it is spam. It's no secret that I am gay and if some bot go a hold of that info they could have sent that email to me. Either way I just laughed and it really didn't me.. well other then the fact that there really are places like this who think they can "convert" a gay person and make them straight.

Well a few hours later I got another email and it was from someone who said that again a "friend" put a hit out on me and wants me dead. This "friend" paid them $15,000 to kill me and for some reason they wanted to offer me a chance to pay them and they would not kill me. You can see the email HERE

Now I know this is a scam.. they didn't use any real information about me. The grammar and spelling is horrible. And again now "friend" of mine would spend $15,000 to have me killed. Of course folks kept telling me to contact the police or FBI but honestly it's just a scam. I read about it on scoops which is a website that exposes these scams. If the email had any of my person info like my name or address or anything like that I would have gone to the police but it was very vague so I decided to just let it go.

Besides the crazy emails/spam I did get some 'real' work done. I've been wanting to clean out my office closet for a year and I finally did it.. well I pulled everything out and it's sitting on the floor of my office.. but that's a start as there is no way I will let this stuff just sit there for long.

I also remembered that I have a MASH 4077 Podcast due on the 15th, which is Sunday and I'm having a movie marathon weekend so I knew I wouldn't have time to get that edited so I spent the majority of the day editing the next MASH 4077 Podcast, which I'm happy to say I got done.

So the day started kind of crazy but ended on a good note!!

No comments:

Post a Comment