Saturday, January 14, 2012

Movie Marathon Weekend (Day 2)

Today started around 8am. Everyone was up and moving around so I started to make breakfast. Since this was an unplanned breakfast (I only bought breakfast for Sunday morning) I opted for pancakes, which everyone seemed to enjoy. Lydia, Olivia, Jes, Chris, Anthony, Rupert, Jennifer C.and Aaron arrived last night. So after breakfast I cleaned up the kitchen while the others went outside to play some extreme bocce ball. About fifteen minutes later I joined in on the fun. After bocce ball we headed inside and Chris put on Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog and we all did just that.. we sang along to the songs.. it was so much fun.  Then Chris put on The Guild season 1 and let it play in the background as we prepped snacks and lunch for the other guests who should be arriving around noon. Lydia had to head back down to the airport to fly back home, so we said our goodbyes and she left around 1pm.  Jen showed up and realized that she forgot the kinect for her xbox 360. I have been wanting to buy a 360 and kinect for a while but at this time can't afford it but I told Jen if she wanted to go get a kinect from target that I would buy it and then get my xbox 360 at a later date. So she, Chris and Olivia headed out to the store to get the kinect and some last minute supplies. When they got back they had an adventure to tell of driving behind a Delorean and following this car to Vasquez Rocks where they approached the guy about his car and the guy was gracious enough to let them sit inside and take pictures. While those guys were out my friend America arrived. I haven't seen her in such a long time, so it was really good seeing her again.

I was surprised by the lack of guests since the party started at noon and we had originally wanted to start the movies at 1pm. But then I remembered that most folks who came early/on time actually came the night before and were here already.

Well it's now 3 pm and we started to make the food (BBQ Bison Burgers).  Had some more issues with the grill ( I think it's time to get a new one) Andrew, Kevin, Doug, Greg and Red Five arrived just in time to grab some food as we began Back to the Future part one.  During the first movie Jennifer and Matt arrived as well as my good friend Will. Scott showed up halfway though the movie as well and finally Dallas and Ashphord were the last to arrive.

For a short amount of time we had a party of 21; me, Chris, Will, Jes, Jen, Jennifer C. Anthony, Kevin, Doug, Andrew, Jennifer L., Matt, Rupert, Scott, Ashphord, Aaron, Dallas, America, Olivia, Greg and Red 5. Once the first movie was over America had to be somewhere so we said our goodbyes. Next we started Back to the Future part two. After part two Andrew had to get going so we were down to 19 people. In between parts 2 and 3 everyone got up and mingled for a bit, started to drink, snack. My initial plan was do to only the first two parts and then do part three tomorrow. But it felt like everyone wanted to finish the trilogy today so we pressed on with Back to the Future part three (which is my favorite part).  After part three it was around 11pm and Greg and Red 5 left the party. So glad I got to see these guys and very happy they stuck around for all three films.

So our party was down to 17 and 16 of these people were going to be spending the night. This would be the most people I have ever had sleep over during one of these weekends.

We drank.. and drank.. and drank.. I was feeling really, really good. We played some card games. Star Fluxx and Asshole. We had such a large group that we had two games going at the same time. I won Star Fluxx even though I was drunk but the Asshole group sounded to be having a much better time as they were hooting and hollering and being crazy.

After the card games we drank more and more and Anthony and I challenged each other to a "crab" fight. It was pretty EPIC, not sure if anyone got pics or video.

It was around 2am when the night turned into a boys vs girls thing. Being the only gay man I was allowed into the girls room (which was my guest room), and interacted with them for a bit before heading back out with the boys (and Jen). It was kind of like a grade school thing.. boys trying to get into to the girls room, there was wrestling, people getting pushed into doors, it was pretty chaotic. At the same time Chris noticed that "someone" tweeted from his laptop and he was not too happy about that so he tweeted that he couldn't trust some of the folks hear at the party and some of the girls took it as if he accused them of doing it, so tempers flared and a few words were said but it fizzled out fairly quickly. Some what related to this was a fight between Anthony and Jennifer. I don't know the details all I know is Anthony is upset and sat on top of my washing machine in my dark laundry room for an hour or so.

Jen headed home and would be the last person leaving for the night.. We ended the night with sex talk, debating which is more attractive, penis' or vagina's... good times.

Around 3:00am we called it a night and it took another half hour to find a place for everyone to sleep and make sure everyone had a pillow and at least a sheet.  Several folks opted to not sleep and hang out on the front porch.. I was not one of them I went to bed around 3:30am.

Check out all the photos HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment