Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dinner with a Good Friend

Today I drove out to Hollywood to see an very dear friend of mine... Chris Quilty.  We meet while working on The Dating Game back in 96' and we became instant buddies. I was honored when he asked me to be one of his groomsmen in his wedding. He and I have a strange relationship. I consider him one of my closest friends yet we see each other maybe once or twice a year. But when we do hang out it's as if no time has passed at all. I was happy to be seeing him because we didn't get together at all in 2011 and I missed him so much. We've been trying to plan to hang out for months and today is finally the day. His wife and oldest daughter went on vacation leaving him at home with his youngest daughter. So we planned to order some pizza and watch one of my screeners.

Got to his place around 6:30pm. I got to meet his baby girl who is now 2 years old and this is the first time I'm seeing her in person. Still have never meet his oldest daughter who is I believe 3 to 4 years old. We chatted for about an hour or so, catching up on each others lives. He put his daughter down, which was very cute since he had a baby monitor on and I got to listen when he sang his daughter a lullaby.

We ordered a pizza from Papa John's and watched Moneyball. Had a great time, we both really enjoyed Moneyball, I'm not a baseball fan but it's not really a story about baseball.. it's more of a character story, which I loved. It was great just chilling like old times with my buddy. I left around 10:30pm as he had to be at work early the next day and I had an hour + drive home.

It was a great night and it just reminded me why I love this guy so much. I hope in 2012 we get to see each other more often. I don't know why we don't, life just seems to get in the way but I know I'm going to make a bigger effort to see him more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment