Monday, July 23, 2012

Dinner with Robert

Tonight after work I head out to meet up with my buddy Robert for dinner. We agreed to meet at Islands on Pico. It's about halfway between his place and my work. I got there in no time and found a meter to park at.. Robert on the other hand wasn't so lucky and drove around about 20 minutes looking for a spot.

He finally parked and we had a nice dinner.. both got yummy burgers. It's funny and I know I say this often but Robert and I talk everyday online via IM but there is nothing better then sharing a meal or just a quiet moment with one of your best friends. When you're with them, all seems right with the world.

After our visit he invited me over to his new place but I was just too tired and couldn't wait to get home.  I walked him back to his car and got a great hug goodnight and headed back to my jeep.

I didn't have any problem getting on the freeway but a few miles from the 405 and 101 intersection the traffic just stopped and was not moving. At this time my bladder is feeling a bit full and in need of being drained. It took me two hours to go those two miles. There was a huge traffic accident on the 405 near the 101 that stopped traffic. After the accident the freeway just flew and it took me another 45 minutes to get home. So I thought I'd get home around 9:30 and work on some podcasts, instead i got home around 11:30 and went right to bed. Wasn't the way I'd like to end a day.. but I still got to visit with one of my best buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment