Saturday, July 28, 2012

Helping a Friend & Podcasting

Today was the start of an extremely busy weekend.. not like any of the past few weeks haven't been busy but this weekend I had to do so many things for my Geekyfanboy Productions.

But first I offered my moving services to my bestie Robert who was moving from Los Angeles area to Mar Vista. He had to pick up his truck at 9am so I had to be up at 7am and out the door by 7:30 to get to his place by 8:30. Traffic was great and I actually got to his place right at 8:30.

I drove him over to the Budget rental place and we picked up his truck. They didn't have any of the ones he reserved so they upgraded him with a larger truck (which I guess is good) but he only had a few large items that we needed to move.

We realized that he didn't have any allen wrenchs at his old place so we walked to the local auto store to buy a set and while we were out we picked up some breakfast at Subway which my best bud Chris introduced me to at Comic Con.

Once back at his place we disassembled his bed and started moving what was left in his place. Took us about an hour to load up the truck.. had to go up and down a staircase with a turn. For the most part we didn't have anything to difficult to move.  Once loaded up we headed over to his new place. This was my first time seeing the place (other then pictures) and it's really nice. It's located in a much better area of town, less traffic and it has a bedroom which his last place did not. The kitchen is larger and nicer and of course he rent is quite a bit more but you do get what you pay for.

Took us a little under an hour to unload the truck and carry everything up a set a stairs in into his new place. Once everything was unloaded he put together his bed and then went back to his place to pick up my jeep and we took the truck back to the budget place. Once that as done I drove him back to his old place to pick up his car and then we both drove to his new place. Once there we parked and walked to the corner of his street where a Taco Bell is located and had lunch.

There was a internal struggle going on inside me as I wanted to spend all day with Robert but I knew I had a ton of podcasting to do. I stayed a bit longer then I should have but we put on Mission Impossible 4 and watched it while he organized his desk.

Over all it was a farily easy move and I got to spend some one on one time with one of my best friends.

After spending most of the day with Robert I headed back to my place. I picked up some dinner on the way home. Once home I started editing my next MASH 4077 podcast since that is due on the 1st. I actually have five podcasts that I need to either record/edit but actually only got my MASH one done.

Didn't get nearly as much as I was hoping but like I said had an awesome time with my bestie.

1 comment: