Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Catching Up on TV & Movies

Today I did some painting of the house and a few things inside but around noon I took a break for lunch and never went back to work. I spent the next nine hours watching recorded TV and some movies.

I started with Syfy's Faceoff, I haven't watched a single episode all season so I sat down and watched one, then another and another until I lost count. I think I watched about six or seven of them.

Then I moved on to a movie that I wanted to see in the theaters but never got around to. Recently I was ordering something from Amazon and it was five bucks short from getting the free shipping so I looked on my want list and saw that this movie Beastly was on sale for $10, so I got it. Well today I finally sat down and watch it and totally loved it. So happy that I have the blu ray so I can watch it over and over. It's a modern telling of Beauty and the Beast. And if you know me well, you will know that Disney's Beauty and the Beast is my favorite of all Disney movies. I love the story behind it, the vain guy only thinking of himself until one day his path crosses a witch who casts a spell on him and turns him into a "beast". He has a limited amount of time to find true love before the spell is permanent. In this movie the beast really isn't a beast, he's more of a guy with some major scars and tattoos (though he looks very cool). The two main characters were good.. especially the guy who plays the beast Alex Pettyfer but the person who I loved the most and really surprised me was the witch played by Mary-Kate Olsen. She was just a fantastic character and so much fun to watch. It was also fun to see Neil Patrick Harris who is a favorite of mine.

After the movie I watched all the Blu-ray extras, alternate ending, deleted scenes and a few featurettes.. all were very enjoyable.

Watching those extra's reminded me that I got The Avengers Blu Ray DVD for my birthday and have yet to watch any of the extras so I popped that in and watched the Gag Reel (which was AWESOME), watched alternate opening and closing and deleted scenes. I watched a few featurettes that were alot of fun and then watched a Marvel One Shot called Item 47. This was a short about one of the weapons that the battle falling into the hands of this couple who manage to get it working and go on a bank robbing spree. I don't have a clue when or why this was made. I don't know if it's a Blu ray special only or aired somewhere. It was pretty cool..

All in all is was a productive day in the morning and then turned into a fun TV/Movie night.

No comments:

Post a Comment