Sunday, October 14, 2012

Painting the House - Day Two

Woke up, made pancakes for everyone for breakfast then headed outside around 9:30am. It was another hot day but I did have two helpers with me today so I was hoping we'd at least get the front of the house done (same goal as yesterday). About an hour into painting my buddy Robert joined us, now we would get the front done for sure... so I thought.

By noon everyone was hot and exhausted. We stopped for a lunch break and I took everyone out to Chili's for a nice lunch. Got back around 3pm and started back up. It was miserable outside and we kept having to take breaks inside to cool down and not get heat stroke.

Needless to say we didn't get a whole lot done. Around 5 we all went inside to relax a bit and Robert had had enough and was heading home. Rupert and Aaron soon followed around 5:30. I went back out for another hour until the sunlight was gone. We did make progress but of course not as much as I would like.. I've come to realize that this is going to take two to three weeks to get the entire house and garage done.

After sundown I worked on a few podcasts before watching the latest Once Upon a Time with my bestie Chris. Again another fantastic episode, I loved Snow's outfit and I like this tougher Snow White. Emma was really starting to bother me with the "I'm in charge" attitude but it was nice once she saw her mom in action she realized that she needs to let go and do what Snow says. They did have a great mother daughter moment in Emma's childhood room and looks like a new big bad is coming to Storybrooke. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

So this weekend of painting the house didn't go as planned but I got a good start and will continue to work on it until it is done. I'd like to thank Jen, Rupert, Aaron and Robert for helping out this weekend... you guys are the best. 




No comments:

Post a Comment