Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving - Food and Family


This year for Thanksgiving I went to Aunt Joyce's place. She moved there a little over a year ago and this was going to be the first family event she has put on. She lives about an hour and twenty minutes away from me but with the horrible LA traffic and the way the GPS took me, it took over 2 and a half hours to get to her place.

Joining me for this Thanksgiving was of course my Aunt Joyce, Uncle Marty, Cousin Matt, Cousin Austin, Mother, Father, Step Father, Brother, Sister-in-law, nephew, niece and grandmother.  So it was a good amount of family. When I got there my mom, step dad and grandmother were already there. I helped a bit with he dinner until my brother arrived and dinner was ready. As always with my Aunt's cooking the food was fantastic.

Afterward we played a game of Yahtzee before my mom, step dad and grandmother left. Then we played a few more games of Yahtzee before my brother, sister-in-law, niece, nephew and dad left. I was the last guest there and played a game of Cards Against Humanity with my Aunt Joyce and Cousin Matt. 

It was a fun day filled with family and food.. two of my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment