Monday, December 10, 2012

Podcasts and Hobbits

Started my day off by trying to get the new episode of Alien Nation posted. Podbean is changes servers and they are suppose to be down for the day.. guess this podcast will be delayed a day.

I spend the next few hours edited my next My Gimpy Life podcast #9, it's not due to be released until Jan 2nd but since I'll be in Montana I have to get these podcasts done and uploaded so they can be released on time.

Went out shopping for supplies for my "hand made" Christmas gifts but atlas couldn't find what I needed.

The big thing that happened today is that I went out to see another advance screening of The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey for a 2nd time. This time I was going with my buddy Robert. I was also seeing it in 2D instead of 3D HFR which I was looking forward to that since I really didn't like the HFR.

The screening was happening in Hollywood at the Harmony Gold Theater. Robert and I got there about an hour and a half early (can never predict traffic). We grabbed a bite to eat and then made our way to the theater. When we got there there were only a few people in there so we got some prime seats in the middle, middle. Sitting in front of us was this young man named Shane. We struck up a conversation and when it was over both Robert and I looked at each other and said, wow we feel very inadequate. This guy has done so much in his short time on Earth, the biggest having walked from the tip of Scotland to the southern part of Italy. It took him over 4 months but man did he have some fantastic stories. You could tell he was a writer.  Wish I would have gotten his info as I would have loved to stay in contact with him, but it was kind of odd since I literally just met him.

Anyways the movie started and I have to say I actually enjoyed the movie so much more in 2D. Not once did one of the effect take me out of that world. I also think I enjoyed the movie the second time more because I knew what to expect. I mean I knew where they made changes, where the movie ended and what to expect. I could just sit back and enjoy it this time and I did.. very much.

Robert enjoyed it as well and I'm glad I was able to see it with him as we just experience LOTR EE marathon a few days prior.

All in all it was a great experience and lots of fun. You can read my 1st review of The Hobbit to get more details and my thoughts about the movie. You can check it out here http://geekyfanboy.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-hobbit-unexpected-journey-my-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment