Monday, January 28, 2013

Comic Con Tixs & Jeep Woes

So San Diego Comic Con Professional tickets when on sale today at 10am and by 10:15 when I ordered mine they were out of complementary guest tickets. First time in the nine years that I have gone that they ran out that quickly. Of course I could still buy an extra guest pass for $175, which I did but that really screwed up my plans. I normally give my free complementary guest pass to my brother and then buy the extra for my buddy Chris. Well now I had to buy the extra one for my brother and then go to the interwebs to find someone how might be willing to buy their extra one for Chris.. lucky my friend Teresa was more then happy to help out so in the end I got the tickets I intended on getting for me, my brother and Chris.

How much you want to bet that they cut the amount of "free" guest passes and increased the amount of "paid" guest passes for professionals. I remember back in the day when I got my "free" pass and my guest "free" pass and then was able to purchase 4 more guest passes for the low low price of only $25. They have slowed removed the paid guest passes as well as raised the prices to "regular" price. I guess I really can't complain.. at least I'm still able to get my pass for free... but I wonder how much longer that will be.

Work was fine.. crazy busy but I've come to expect that.

When work was over I went to the parking lot and got into my Jeep. When I turned it on there was this strange sound coming from the engine.  I pulled out of the parking lot and as I accelerated the sounds got louder and with a higher pitch. Something was wrong with my Jeep.

As you know if you're a regular reader of my blog I have been having Jeep problems for some time now and even went car shopping earlier this year. Well I think the time has come to retire the Jeep for good. My buddy Chris kept me company on the phone as I slowly made my way home hoping that my jeep would not die in the middle of the freeway.. it was a very long hour but I did manage to limp home. The Jeep was making such a horrible noise as I turned it off, I gave her a pat on the dashboard and thanked her for the many years of enjoyment.

I went inside, jumped on the computer and made a reservation with Enterprise rent-a-car. Will see what tomorrow holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment