Thursday, January 31, 2013

I Love Scifi & Fantasy

So I was listening to one of my favorite podcast Turning into Sci Fi TV this morning and they mentioned something about why they love Sci fi and it got me thinking. So I posed this question on Facebook and Twitter, "SciFi & Fantasy lovers, Do you enjoy it because you can escape into their world or escape from this world?"

Well I got several responses and most of them said it depends on the story but both can be true. And I agree with that. I love scifi and fantasy for the fact that I can escape into these magical world. Now I did get a few comments about how escaping into a scifi and fantasy world to escape this world is not a healthy thing and I have to say that I don't agree with that. I think there are times when you need to escape this world and scifi and fantasy is the perfect way to do that. I don't find it unhealthy wanting to get away from the woes of the world and travel to another world or universe.

But what do you think? Do you enjoy it because you can escape into their world or escape from this world?

No comments:

Post a Comment