Saturday, June 22, 2013

IT Crowd, Thrones and a Friend

Today my good friend Jen came over to hang out. We haven't had a one on one hangout in quite a while and it was long over due. She got here around noon and he headed out to El Pollo for some lunch. While we were out we grabbed some snacks as we planned to chill out and watch some TV.

Jen introduced me to The IT Crowd, I had heard of it but didn't really know much about it until we watched the 1st season at our last "hangout". I watched season two and some of three back in November of 2012, so today we are going to finish season 3 and watch season 4. When season 4 was over I was sad that that was going to be it.. but I did hear that they are doing at 40 minute one-off episode to wrap things up. It's not as good as a full season five but will take what we can get. Any amount of Roy, Moss and Jen is always a good thing.

The IT Crowd is such a funny show, Moss was my favorite when I first started watching but I've really taken a liking to Roy (I mean he's so adorable). I use to really dislike Jen but she's grown on me but I still very much dislike the owner of the company. I was disappointed to see quite a few episodes in season 4 that revolved around this very unlikable character (including the last episode of the series).

After the IT Crowd, we watched some more Game of Thrones. Jen loaned me her blu-rays of seasons 1 and 2, but I've only been able to really watch the first two episodes of season one. So we continued to watch starting with Season 1 Ep 3.

I have heard that it's extremely slow at times and I agree but like that. It's all about the characters and building the drama. I read 2/3'ds of the first book so I kind of have an idea of what's going on so maybe that helps with the pacing. But so far I'm loving it.

We took a break and headed to Vasquez Rocks for a hike, we figured since we were snacking on donuts and chips we should try and counter that with a good hike. We hike Vasquez for over 45 minutes. It was beautiful outside and a very nice hike. 

Back home we continued with Game of Thrones.. S1 Ep 4. We made some dinner that we had purchased earlier from the store and then watched S1 Ep 5. Again, loving the storytelling and the characters. I know Jen could have kept going and to be honest so could I but it was already pass 11pm and I figured this was a good place to stop.. I'm halfway through season 1. I can't wait to get back to it and finish off season 1 and move on to season 2.

Thanks Jen for a fun day of awesome TV shows and great company.. hope it's not another year before we can do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment