Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My Review: Prisoners

It's Wednesday which normally means TV night with Robert but tonight instead of TV night we're going to a pre-screening of the new Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal mystery triller movie Prisoners at the Arclight Hollywood.

But before the movie we got to hang out for a few hours. We grabbed some dinner at Chipotle's. We then walked over to Amoeba Records and checked out some DVD's before passing a little resturant that had some yummy looking desserts, which Robert was in the mood for.

After Robert got his giant cookie we got in line for the screening. Since it's PGA (Producer's Guild of America) screening they over book them so you need to get there fairly early to get a seat and a recent one as well.  

I had saw previews of Prisoners and it's not normally my cup of tea but it does have two of my favorite actors and it's free and a pre-screening. Here's a short synopsis of Prisoners; How far would you go to protect your family? Keller Dover is facing every parent's worst nightmare. His six-year-old daughter, Anna, is missing, together with her young friend, Joy, and as minutes turn to hours, panic sets in. The only lead is a dilapidated RV that had earlier been parked on their street. Heading the investigation, Detective Loki arrests its driver, Alex Jones, but a lack of evidence forces his release. As the police pursue multiple leads and pressure mounts, knowing his child's life is at stake the frantic Dover decides he has no choice but to take matters into his own hands. But just how far will this desperate father go to protect his family?  

So my review of the movie, I enjoyed it. It was truly a mystery thriller. There was some scenes that were extremely difficult to watch. Lot's of twists and turns. Some of them I saw ahead of time and some took me by complete surprise. The acting is amazing, especially Hugh Jackman as this isn't his typical role. This movie raises the question how would you react if someone you loved was kidnapped. I personally think Hugh's character went way beyond the point of any sane person.

This isn't a movie I could or would watch over and over again. I mean I would watch it from time to time but this isn't my kind of movie to purchase on blu-ray. I give Prisoners a solid B. It did exactly what I expected. Kept me glued to my seat and bouncing back and forth on who did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment