Monday, September 16, 2013

Pottermore & Toy Story

Today I decided to jump back on Pottermore as it's been a good six or so months since I was on it last. I did jump on last week for like five minutes during a google hangout and noticed some big changes so I wanted to go back and really check it out.

They really revamped the entire thing. I was one of the few "beta" testers back in the day when it first came out and I have to say they have come a long way. I think my favorite improvement was the "status" bar for each scene. Now you know if you have seen or collected everything in that scene. Before you would find a gold galleon or a chocolate frog but have no idea if you found everything. They added audio book clips to scenes and music and sound effect as well.

I actually started over again with chapter one of the first book to make sure I got everything and I have to say thank goodness I did. I missed so much during my first pass. I went through all three books (what's currently up there) in about four hours. It was alot of fun. I still have to go back and read all the exclusive "J.K. Rowling" added content. I read about half of it but there is so much more.. can't wait to go back and finish it. And I really can't wait until the fourth book comes out.

Pottermore may not be a site I visit everyday but it's fun to go back and check it out from time to time. If you want to add me as a friend please do so.. my user name is FireboltCrimson66

It wasn't all fun and games today.. I did continued my painting of the garage, sanding of the deck and yard work. I got a good amount of work done.... so yay me.

I'm a huge Toy Story fan and was shocked when I came across Toy Story Toons on my TV channel guide. I had never heard of this so I of course I had to recorded it. I also went online to find out more information about it and here is what I found;

Toy Story Toons is a short series based on the Toy Story franchise. The series of shorts take place after the events of Toy Story 3. The first episode, Hawaiian Vacation, was released with the theatrical release of Cars 2. A second episode titled Small Fry was shown with the theatrical release of The Muppets. The third episode, Partysaurus Rex, was released with the theatrical 3D release of Finding Nemo.

Two more shorts are in development, with one of them, called Mythic Rock, being released in 2013. All the episodes are planned to be aired on Disney Channel. Also, two television specials are planned for October 2013 and Spring 2014. The one being released in October 2013 will be a Halloween special and is called Toy Story of Terror.

I remember hearing about Hawaiian Vacation but I had no idea about the others and I love that they are releasing them on TV. So far I've only seen "Small Fry" and it was very cute. I love that they have all the characters original voices and that it's a continuation of the events after Toy Story 3. I can't wait for the rest as well as the Halloween special this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment