Monday, November 18, 2013

Escrow, A Friend and The Hobbit

Was up once again at 5:30am and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and started to pack up things around the house. Escrow officially starts today and that means I have 30 + 2 days to vacate this house if everything goes through. So I must be out of the house by December 19th. So I figured I'd start packing and downsizing.

I got to have lunch with my buddy Craig, I don't get to see him as much as I would like to but when we do we have some good times. Craig has been HIV positive since 1988. I met him when I was volunteering at APLA (Aids Project Los Angeles). I've known him for over 15 years. His health has been on a decline and he's been in and out of the hospital the past year. He called me up a few days ago to say goodbye. He is near death and he doesn't know how much longer he'll be around. He has his good days and his bad days and luckily for me he was having a good day and we were able to go to a local Denny's and grab some lunch and catch up on each other's lives. He has set short term goals, he said it helps him focus and not dwell on his situation. His next goal is to survive until 2014. So if you could muster some happy thoughts and send them his way I would really appreciate that.

After lunch with Craig I went to my realtor's office to sign some paperwork. There is ton of paperwork when selling a house.. and she said this is only the beginning.

I did a bit of work around the house like fix my garage door. I now have two fully operational garage doors...yay!!

During the evening I sat down and watched The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition. I purchased this a few weeks back and have been dying to watch but just haven't had the time.. so I made some time today. I haven't seen the Hobbit in a few months so it was fun watching it again and it was fun seeing what they added into the cut. They actually added 13 more minutes to the movie making it just over 3 hours long. I recognized small addition here and there but the two major scenes were the additional songs. One sung by the Dwarfs in Rivendell and one by the Goblin King. I enjoyed the extended edition very much but I can never get enough of Peter Jackson's version of Middle Earth.

Next I'll have to find nine hours so I can watch all the awesome behind the scenes and an additional 3 hours to watch the movie over again with commentary from Jackson and company.

No comments:

Post a Comment