Saturday, November 23, 2013

Shaved Head, Family and 50th Who

So the guy who was suppose to come by this morning and remove my spa cancelled.. and he had a pretty good excuse. His wife went into labor. So will have to reschedule for next week.

Was heading out to see family but first I wanted to cut my hair. As I continue to lose my hair I like to keep it really short. My trimmer died last week and my buddy Robert got me a new one for an early Christmas present. Well it came yesterday so I was looking forward to checking it out. I assumed that the same setting on my old trimmer would be the same on this one.. well I was wrong. The first pass on the right side of my head I knew it was wrong. But I had no choice, I either shave my entire head the same length or walk around with this strip on the right side of my head. I like the buzz cut look but this is really buzzed to where it looks like I'm completely bald. Luckily for me it's not a big deal. I know it's just hair and in a few weeks it will be where I thought it would be when I first did it. And after taking this picture I think it looks pretty good.

I got to my family around noon, went out to lunch with my dad. We went to Red Robin and enjoyed some tasty comfort food. We then went to Target to do a bit of Christmas shopping. With all this craziness that is happening in my life I hadn't even thought about Christmas shopping. I didn't pick up much but did find some stuff from my buddy Chris, niece Molly, nephew Kenobi and my brother Mike. Afterwards we headed back to the house where my brother, sister-in-law and kids were home so I got to play with Kenobi and Molly for a few hours.. oh how I adore those kids. I had a great time hanging out with them. I was there until around 6pm. Got home around 8:30pm and decided to watch Doctor Who.

The 50th anniversary special for Doctor Who aired today on the west coast at 11:50am. I knew I was lucky that I didn't see any spoilers on twitter or Facebook but I also knew my luck wouldn't hold out for long so I opted to watch it tonight when I got home.

I loved it, it's what I expected as far as who the John Hurt's character was. Had some great writing and storytelling. I really liked how they brought Billie Piper's Rose character into the story. This episode had so many great nods to past Who and set up a great story for the future of Who. Having Tennant back really made me miss him as The Doctor. I'm still bummed the Eccleston couldn't appear in this special but it was amazing to see Tom Baker at the end. I saved it on my DVR as I know I'm going to have to watch it a few more times before I fully get everything. Can't wait for Smiths swan song in The Christmas Special.

No comments:

Post a Comment