Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Waiting Game...

I couldn't sleep last night, I tossed and turned and finally got up around 5:30am. I went to check my email as I had a few more messages from friends giving me advice on what to do. My friend Thomas gave me the best advice when he said (paraphrasing), if I reject the bid and go to sell my house for a higher price and every month that it doesn't sell I will have to be paying the mortgage out of pocket (which I don't have) and that will be coming out of the profit margin when it finally does sell. Depending on when I sell it that could be the different between the price they offered me and the new price I would have liked.

That made sense to me and along with everyone else great advice I emailed my realtor at 5:30am in the morning and said to accept the offer with the changes we made to their conditions. Got emailed me back at 9am that said it has been done. Also that she hasn't gotten any more inquires or requests to look at my house.

So now it's my turn to wait and see what they come back with. Hopefully they'll just accept the changes I made to their original conditions and we can move forward. While I waited I finally finished painting the outside of my house!!! I started a year ago in October and this hellish job has finally come to an end. I will never ever paint a house/garage pretty much by myself ever again. I'm happy it's over and I'm glad it turned out nice.. but man it was hard.

Around 2:30 my realtor called and said, well they accepted the changes. All you have to do is give the okay, sign the paperwork and your house will go into escrow starting tomorrow. This was it, this was the final time I could actually pull out of this contract but I was happy with the final deal. I knew selling this house, because of it's location would be tough. You'd have to find the right people at the right time.. and mine just happen to be on day one of the sale. So I officially accepted their offer and the deal was done.

After painting I headed out to my garage as to clean out some of the crap as I'm going to be going from a 2000+ square foot house to a more then likely less then 1000 square foot apartment. Time to thin out what I have. As I started I kept coming across things that I hadn't used in a year or two but saw the possibility of using in the future. But I kept fighting myself asking if I'm going really use it. Is it worth keeping if I don't have the space. I struggled with throwing things away. I admit that I'm a pack rat but I didn't realize to what degree until I tried throwing stuff away today. It's going to be tough but I have to get rid of things that I haven't used in over a year. Regardless of if I think I'll be able to use it in the future. Time to downsize!!

In geeky news I watched the latest Once Upon A Time. If you haven't seen it don't read on as I'm going to spoil things. Once Upon A Time this season has been kind of lackluster. I was getting tired of the group walking around Neverland deciding how to save Henry. But I have to say the last few episodes with Ariel and Storybrooke have been fantastic and today's episode has turned the corner for me. Though it took place mostly in Neverland with that same group of characters, the story moved forward and we got some HUGE revelations. The biggest was that Peter Pan is actually Rumpelstiltskin's father. We get their backstory and when all this went down my jaw must have hit the floor. I actually applauded the TV and Once Upon A Time. I love those OMG type moments and that was one of the best. Also Rumple being sucked into Pandora's box and the final scene with Henry removing his own heart and putting into Pan was amazing. A nice little cliffhanger, and now we have to wait two weeks until we see the conclusion. I hope Once Upon A Time can keep up this pace. I hope the save Henry, stuck in Neverland storyline ends soon. I really miss Storybrooke and seeing all the different characters. But if they keep this pace up I'll be happy to watch a few more episodes as this storyline concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment