Friday, May 23, 2014

Webseries, Mustaches and Friends

Today Chris and I worked on revamping our web series GE3K'S Company. We initially had written 6 of 10 episodes for season one and each episode was about 10 minutes each. But I spoke with several "seasoned" web series creators who said that for a first season they'd suggest that we keep the episodes to 2 to 3 minutes each. And once we establish a fan base then we can do longer ones.

So we took our idea and refined it down to just one storyline. We actually took the first episode and half of the second episode and re-wrote them into the new season one (which is now only 5 episodes). We kept alot from the original scripts as we did like alot of what we wrote but somethings had to change since it's a much shorter season now.

In the end I'm very happy with the final result. So far Chris and I are the only ones who have read the season but I do plan on opening it up to some friends for notes. Still don't know when it will be filmed but it's moving forward... slowly

Since Chris is visiting for the extended weekend he put together a gathering of his friends.

Earlier in the day Chris and I went shopping for mustache/beard wax as now that my mustache and beard are getting longer I wanted to see if I could shape them. So I had a bit of fun twirling my stache. I think it turned out pretty good.

First to arrive at my place was Arron, then Rupert and Luis. We all took a shot of Jameson before heading out to Pitfire Grill to meet up with Jes and Dallas. On the way over I realized I forgot my phone and ran back home to get it while everyone waited for me. While at home I took another shot of Jameson. The five of us got to Pitfire and met up with Jes and Dallas. We hung out there for a bit and had a few pitchers of beer (I tried three different kinds) I also had a glass of Sangria (which I had never had before).

After Pitfire we headed over to Jes and Dallas' place to pick up a new card game that Jes had gotten from Wondercon called Superheros. We then proceeded to my place to grab some beers but then got a message from our buddy Will who was now home so we ventured over to his place and met up with him and Becca.

We did a few more shots and beers before starting up a game of Superheros. About halfway through the game Jen woke up and came downstairs to join in. It was some good times.

I got back to my place around 1:30am and didn't feel so well. I spent the next few hours running back and forth to the bathroom thinking I might throw up (which I never did). I feel asleep sometime after 4am... it was totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment