Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Cookies, Jack Ryan, Sherlock & Hobbities

It's Day 3 of my picture a day until my 44th Birthday.. so here's a picture of me at Age 3

I headed over to my friend Jes' place to hang out, bake cookies and watch some TV. When I got there the baking was well underway. She was making my favorite cookies, peanut butter and then trying to make a new one for her, double chocolate and cherry cookies. Both were amazing but my favorites were of course the peanut butter... very tasty.

While she was baking we watched a movie that I had not seen yet called Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. The film features the fictional Jack Ryan character created by author Tom Clancy. It is the fifth film in the Jack Ryan series but is presented as a reboot that departs from the previous installments. Unlike its predecessors, it is not an adaptation of a particular Clancy novel, but rather an original story. Pine stars in the title role, becoming the fourth actor to play Ryan, following Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, and Ben Affleck.

I don't think I have seen any of the other Jack Ryan movies (maybe bits and pieces) but this was the first one I've seen from beginning to end. I enjoy it, it did what it set out to do. Had lots of action, suspense and a decent story. It was good fun. Solid B from me.

After we walked to the Habit to pick up some food for dinner we came back to her place and started  watching some Sherlock. Both Jes and I love Sherlock so we watched the first two episodes of Season one. That's one thing I love about Sherlock is that you can watch it over and over and still love every minute of it... at least I can. 

One last thing.. I came across a video of a super fan of Lord of the Rings and all things Tolkien. I've seen better "Hobbit" type houses but what makes this extra special is all the amazing things he has inside his house. Check it out below.

No comments:

Post a Comment