Tuesday, August 12, 2014

DMV, Shaved Head & Skyping

Was up early as I needed to get to the Van Nuys DMV to renew my driver's license as it expires on my birthday in September. I wanted to get there when they opened but didn't realize that they opened at 8am, I arrived around 9am. I spent a total of 2 hours waiting in lines and for my turn at the counter. All in all it wasn't a horrible experience. I normally make an appointment but the appointments were already a month out and I needed this renewed in the next few weeks.

Now that I had taken my new photo for the DMV it was clear to do what I have been wanting to do for the past few weeks... shave my head bald. If you know me you know that my hair has been thinning on top for the past ten years and within the past year a bald spot has appeared on the crown of my head.

I have almost shaved my head in the past with a #1 guard on the clippers and was shocked how short it was but I thought I looked pretty good. I have a decent shaped head for being bald, so I decided that I'd take it all off and see how it looks.

It's a very bizarre experience shaving your head, I mean once you do the first pass there is no turning back. Even with clippers I couldn't get all the hair so I threw on shaving cream and used my razor to get a cleaner cut. It's a lot of work but I'm happy with the end results. I don't know if I'll maintain the bald look as I said it takes alot of work and some very sharp razors but for now I'm liking it.

I'm continuing my posting of a picture of me everyday for the next 44 days until my 44th birthday. Today is day 2 so here is a picture of me at Age 2.

I got a happy surprise today when my buddy Matt (from England) and I were able to video chat via Skype. We try and chat at least once a week. He's like a little brother to me so I try and keep up on his daily life. It's always good fun.

And last but not least.. I came across this story of two gentlemen who took some very cool engagement photos. I'm a huge Doctor Who fan but these guys went all out and it's AWESOME!!!  You can read the story and see more photos HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment