Friday, October 24, 2014

Miss Earth & Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Was up early and got to hang out with Erik for a bit before I heading into work. Today marks my one week at this new gig. So far it's going great, I'm liking the people, it can be stressful as times but for the most part things are moving along as they normally do in post.

I came across this on my friend Marissa's Facebook page. Several of my friends, including Marissa worked on this mini movie. I remember when Greg was doing the alien make up and asked if I wanted to participate. Unfortunately I was out of town at the time so I had to decline. The final product was released a few weeks ago and it's pretty awesome. I would have loved to have been part of this. Check out the video below.

Here's a short synopsis: Victoria Young is thrust into Galactic's depopulation pageant and forced to fight for the survival of our planet.


I got home from work and Erik and I went out to dinner before coming back home and watching the latest Agents of SHIELD. S2 Ep5 "A Hen in the Wolf House" Raina threatens to expose Simmons to Hydra unless Coulson hands Skye over to her father. Hydra is trying to reverse engineer the alien artifact but aren't happy with the final results.

Wow what an episode, I don't even know where to start. This is by far my favorite of his season. So much action, so many things revealed and more questions asked. Coulson comes clean with Skye and informs her that she may be an alien. She also finds out that her father is alive, evil and a killer.

It looked like Simmons was done for until an unexpected friend revealed herself (Bobbi, aka Mockingjay) and saved Simmons and reunited her with the team. We find out that Coulson had Bobbi infiltrate Hydra to keep an eye on Simmons, she's almost as bad ass as May. We also find out that Bobbi is Hunter's ex wife that he's always complaining about.  And then Raina reluctantly gets recruited by SHIELD. I have really grown to like this character.. can't wait to see where this goes. So much awesome in the episode. It's an episode that you need to watch several times just to take it all in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment