Sunday, December 14, 2014

Cookies, Imitation Game & Big Hero Six Review

@HerUniverse posted a picture of these awesome "melting" snowman sugar cookies that I will have to do next year. I don't know why but they made me laugh.. such a cool idea.

I watched The Imitation Game with my buddy Will today. We've been trying to hook up and hang for the past few weeks and our schedules finally clicked. Of course I saw a pre-screening of this film a few weeks back.. You can read my full review of The Imitation Game HERE.

I loved it even more the second time and yes I still cried but not until the end unlike last time. Most movies I watch, enjoy and then move on.. there are those that stay with me like LOTR, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc.. because they are fun, entertaining and very geeky but then there are those special films that have such a profound effect of me that I can't stop thinking about them.. even days later. It rarely happens but this is one of those films. Just thinking about it now as I type out this blog brings tears to my eyes.

After Will left I watched Big Hero Six. "Big Hero 6," an action-packed comedy-adventure about the special bond that develops between Baymax, a plus-sized inflatable robot, and prodigy Hiro Hamada. When a devastating event befalls the city of San Fransokyo and catapults Hiro into the midst of danger, he turns to Baymax and his close friends adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred. Determined to uncover the mystery, Hiro transforms his friends into a band of high-tech heroes called "Big Hero 6.

I've heard good things about this movie so I was really looking forward to seeing it, so I was super excited when I got the screener this month. I really enjoyed this movie, Baymax is adorable and I'd so love to have one of those guys around for a friend/doctor. I liked the all characters and the story. I was tearing up at the end but ultimately happy when the movie ended. The animation was well done and over all it was just a really good movie. After seeing the movie it made me interested in checking out the Marvel comic that it is based on...  I give Big Hero Six a solid B+

No comments:

Post a Comment