Friday, December 19, 2014

My Second 30 Days

Sixty days ago I was diagnosed as pre-diabetes, my sugar levels were 6.4 and to be officially diabetic your sugar levels need to be 6.5 and above... so I have come as close to being diabetic without being official. So I had to make some changes... some major changes

I have 90 days before I have to go back and be re-tested in hopes that my numbers have gone done. So here was my 90 day plan to eat better and lose weight. The first 30 days was getting into a routine with working out and begin to change my diet. After the first 30 days my cardio workouts were like second nature. I wake up and first thing I'd do is put on my sweats and head out and do my 30/45 minute jog/walk around the NoHo park.. diet on the other hand is much harder. I have given up junk food and fast food for the most part. I've given up potatoes and pasta. I'm still eating wheat pasta and bread but hopefully I'll give up that as well pretty soon.

For the middle 30 days I wanted to increase my working out from a half hour to a full hour of cardio and continue to work on my diet and start to include veggies. Well today marks the end of my second 30 days and my cardio workouts are going well. I have jogged/walked about 45 minutes everyday, 7 days a week with exception to one week when I was to sick to move. My diet on the other hand isn't going well. I'm still trying hard to not eat fast food, I'm down to once a week, sometimes two. I haven't introduced as many vegetables as I would like into my diet and it's a struggle everyday to not eat poorly.
 
And now I start my final 30 days, my cardio is great, I'll continue to do my 45 minute cardio walk/jog around the park everyday, there's no problem there. What I need to focus on is my diet. I'm finding it much harder then I had ever expected. I think it's because I'm expected to give up everything all at once and I'm finding that way to difficult. I try not to keep sweets or "bad" food, aka carbs in the apartment as I know I'll get desperate and eat them. Just like with my diet soda (which I no longer keep in the house) and only drink when I go out on occasions.

As for my weight... I lost 6 pounds in my first 30 days going from 217 to 211. Today I weighted myself and I went from 211 to 203.5, that's 7.5 pounds more for my second 30 days for a total of 13.5 pounds in 60 days. I'm not thrilled with those numbers but I guess I should be happy that the numbers are going down. My goal was to lose at least 18 pounds and get below 200 by the time I go in for my 90 day check up and if I continue to do what I'm doing I shouldn't have a problem achieving that goal. 

Thanks to everyone for your continued love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment