Tuesday, August 25, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Frogger

Today's workout is titled Frogger. I guess this is a previous workout but I've never done it before so it's new to me.

It started off with a pretty hefty warm up of a 230 meter run (which is one time around the parking lot), then 2 sets of 5x Bootstrappers, 6x Perfect Stretch and 7x Sit Ups and then 3 sets of 5x Wall Squats, 10x Air Squats, 10x Jump Squats and finally 20x Walking Lunges. It's a lot of work and by the time you are done you're pretty exhausted and that was just the warm up.

For the actual workout it's 4 rounds of :30 seconds of work then :30 seconds of rest. We started with Frog Hops, then Split Jumps and finally Burpees. Thirty seconds sounds like nothing but after the hard warm up you're legs are getting tired and Frog Hops aren't the easiest things to do and neither are Split Jumps.. it's sad when you actually look forward to Burpees. I mean they were the easiest things we did during that workout and that's scary :) And as a finisher we ran for 5 minutes straight. Coach asked us to run/jog the entire time and that's exactly what I did. I took a slow and steady pace as I knew if I went to fast I'd run out of steam halfway but even at a slow and steady pace it was a tough run.

Overall Frogger is a great workout, it doesn't look like much but it can kick your butt. Thanks coach Kimi

No comments:

Post a Comment