Sunday, April 24, 2016

My New NerdStrong Tattoo

In the evening my buddy Derek came over to my place and we started our trek out to Hemet to get my fifth and Derek's first tattoo from my buddy Moose (who has done my other four tattoos).

Both Derek and I go to NerdStrong and we both agree it has changed our lives for the better. I mentioned about six months into working out at NersStrong that I was going to get their logo as my next tattoo, of course everyone thought I was joking but I wasn't. NerdStrong has changed my life and I want celebrate by having their logo tattoo'd on me to remind me of where I had been, how far I had come and how far I still have to go.

Six more months pass by and I was talking with Derek and he mentioned that he wanted to get the NerdStrong logo tattoo'd on himself as well. So we set out to make this happen and today it's finally happening. The stars have aligned and my all of our schedules match up. As I mentioned this was going to be Derek's first and he was excited.

Once we got there Moose was setting up his station, I let Derek go first as it was his first time and I really wasn't looking forward to getting it. The location of this new tattoo was going to hurt and I had purchased some numbing cream and put it on as Derek prepared for his tattoo.

Derek has a much higher pain tolerance than I do as he barely grimaced or made any faces during his tattoo time. He mentioned a few times that it wasn't pleasant, especially toward the bottom closest to the ankle but he took it like a champ.

I on the other hand winced and did some controlled breathing to fight through the pain. Parts of my ankle area was numb but the majority wasn't and I felt it all. Luckily it wasn't a complicated tattoo and only took about 45 minutes to complete. Compared to my 4 1/2 - 8 hours tattoos, this was nothing.

Derek opted for a completely black logo and place it on the outside of his right ankle area, I decided on doing a black logo but with a green cape, green being my favorite color and place it on the inside of my right ankle area.

The end results are pretty fantastic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment