Friday, September 17, 2010

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 3 Premiere

This is one series I have been really looking forward to returning. I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan and have loved The Clone Wars since it started a few years ago. It's one of those rare series that I have to see the episodes if not live then within a few hours of it's airing. Tonight was the premiere of Season 3 and it was actually 2 episodes back to back.

The first episode was focus on a group of clone trooper trainees. I really liked it, had some very emotional parts. Didn't realized at the time but we saw these troopers in a previous episode in season 2 when they were protecting a remote base. I even got the reference to THX-1138 in this episode.. nice little node to the Star Wars fans

That's one thing about this series is that it's not in chronological order. Episodes air that can happen before the ones you've already seen.

The second episode brought back the two surviving troopers from the episode we just saw and that's when I realized who they were. The second episode tonight was action packed, we got two lightsaber battles with Grievous vs Obi Wan & Ventress vs Anikan. And lots of Clone Trooper story. I love that they are showing these Trooper as individual even though they all look alike they are all very much different.

I can't wait for next Friday to watch another episode and at the end of October Season 2 comes out on Blu-ray and I can't tell you how beautiful it looks in HD.

No comments:

Post a Comment