Friday, May 13, 2011

Thor

Tonight I went to the Arclight theater in Sherman Oaks with my friends Teal and Ali to watch Thor.

Now I know nothing about the Thor comic, it never really interested me but the previews looked pretty good and I'm a sucker for comic book movies.

I really enjoyed this movie, from the special effects to the story to the acting. This movie introduces you to Thor's world and his history nicely. It doesn't go into great detail but gives you enough background for you to understand why things are happening. It's also a very good set up movie for the Avengers movie coming out next summer. Not to say that this movie isn't great as a stand alone but when it ends it leaves you wanting more, which is always good.

The acting was really good, there is always fine line between realistic and cheesy when it comes to comic book movies and they did a great job at being both.

The special effects were fantastic but it's what I've come to expect from these big budget comic book movies.

I felt this was similar to Ironman, I had no interest in that character or his story but after the first movie it really draws you in and makes you care about these people and that world. Thor is the same, I can't wait to back into this world and visit these people again.

I plan to see this again with Harry in the next few weeks as he wants to see it and I'd love to see it again.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the most important thing... two hours of CHRIS HEMSWORTH! hubba, hubba!

    I enjoyed it a lot too. You didn't mention if you saw it in 3D or not but I thought the 3D was well done - not gratuitous at all. Of course, it helps that it was shot in 3D. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this in 2D.. not a huge fan of the 3D movies unless it enhances the story. I had heard that the 3D didn't really do much for the film so I opted not to pay the extra $$ and went with 2D which was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete