Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Update on my Geeky Life

Where to start.. we are only two days into May but this looks to be one of the most hectic and busiest months of the year. Work (MTV) is ramping up, we will have our very first episode of Chelsea Settles go into online and 2 more episodes will follow quickly after. My job is pretty crazy to begin with but when shows go into online it quadruples in stress and busyness. The next three months is going to be very hellish!!!

Also The Guild is going to start shooting its second half if Season Five, this weekend, which I hope to be on set for as much as I can. Luckily I don't have to edited the companioncasts until summer time but I still have two fairly successful podcasts; Knights of the Guild and MASH 4077 Podcast that both have episodes due to be released on May 15th & May 29th/June 1st, and I haven't even started to edit those.

I have put my third podcast, Epic Geek Out, my Internet Radio Station and Podcast Hub Project on hold.. at least until I can focus on them better.

People think I'm crazy because I joined a Los Angeles community Quidditch team. I know I'm extremely busy but I have three reasons for joining. 1, I joined because I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. 2, I joined because I think it will be super fun to actually play Quidditch and 3, I joined because I hope to get a good workout and in turn lose some weight.

I've been working out in the yard, we have to clear brush before May 1st (yeah it's pass due).  Harry been doing a lot of weed pulling and I have been using the mega weed whacker to take down the large areas of brush. Not sure when I'll be able to get back to this but it needs to be done before the fire marshal fines us.

Harry is still making plans to move back to Austria, he's goal is to fly back sometime in August. Once he has left the house I will reassess my life. Don't know if I want to start date again, or take some time to be by myself and enjoy the single life. Don't really have any plans just will see where life takes me.

Luckily the TV season is coming to an end and I'll be able to catch up on all the missed TV that sitting in my DVR and I'm still hoping to squeeze in seeing friends and family here and there.

I'm planning a trip to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in September. I thinking of going September 12th to the 16th. Been wanting to go since it opened and my current job will end towards the end of August and I have nothing booked for that.

I'm also in the very early stages of planning a trip to Europe next year. I have lots of  "online" friends who have offered places to stay all throughout Europe so I'm hoping to take a month and travel around Europe and visit friends and cool places.

And of course everything will depend on my Dad's cancer status. He sees the Doctor on Thursday where they will do tests and then he should get the results on May 10th. We should know if the cancer has returned and what his options will be. All we can do is hope for the best and that it's nothing serious and can be fixed with meds, but I have been trying to prepare myself for the worse. Not sure if my Dad has another fight in him if the cancer has returned. Think happy thoughts!!!

Not to end this blog on a sad note..  life is good, love doing the podcasts, I have wonderful real life and online friends, my job is stressful and there is a very long commute but it pays wells and I like the people I work with. And I'm just happy to have a job. I'm 40 and starting a new chapter in my life. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading more about the Europe trip, if you're going to Norway you can stay with us as long as you'd like =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be wierd. I Google'd Chelsae Settles and was brought to yor site. I am a Staff Sergeant in the U.S. Army, I work in Public Affairs. A Soldier in my unit is the boyfriend of Chelsea and I need to find where the episodes are posted so I can see how much exposure the Army has in the series. Is this something you might be able to help with? If so please respond to matthew.daniel.graham@us.army.mil. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete