Friday, October 21, 2011

Blizzcon & The Guild

Today I helped out The Guild booth at Blizzcon. If you don't know what Blizzcon is, it's a "Gaming" convention ran by one of the largest MMO company Blizzard. The Guild has a booth and some of the cast were signing. So I offered to help the two days. I got to the con at 11:30am and found the booth around noon. My schedule times were 1pm - 3pm & 6pm - 8pm but as soon as I got to the booth I was put to work and it didn't end until 9pm. Of course the busiest times are when the cast are signing autographs 11am - 1pm & 3pm - 6pm. The other times I would manage the booth by myself and chat with passer bys about the Guild and what it is and when the cast would be back.

I did get to see some of my friends who would stop by the booth and say hi and visit for a while. I also got a lunch break and my buddy Gabe went to the food area and grabbed a bite to eat.

After the convention was over I headed over to the Hilton for the Curse party. I was added to the VIP list but when I got there my name wasn't on the list but they let me in (just not a VIP). I texted my buddies Scott and Chris and they said they were waiting in line for drinks by the dance floor. Well the room I was in had no dance floor and come to find out I was at the wrong party. So I left and went next door to the actual Curse party and my name was on the VIP list and I got my special bracelet.

The party was loud, Chris, Scott and I went up into the VIP area and about ten minutes later the cast and some crew showed up. It was really too loud to have conversations. I tried chatting for a bit and then a group of us went down to the dance floor and danced for about 15 minutes. It was now 11:30pm and I was tired. I didn't have to working tomorrow (they wanted to give my badge to someone else), so I had an hour and a half drive ahead of me so I said my good nights and headed home.

Luckily I left when I did as I barely made it home and towards the end of my drive I struggled to stay awake.

All in all it was a fun day, love working the booth and interacting with The Guild fans. Bummed I didn't get to work both days.. but I guess one day is better then none.

No comments:

Post a Comment