Thursday, October 13, 2011

Doctor's Appointment

This morning I had my yearly Doctor's appointment. Now I was seeing my main doctors assistant but I like him as well so I didn't mind. It was a full on physical exam. He poke and prodded every part of my body. They took plenty of blood to do all kinds of tests.

I did my yearly HIV test and I am negative. For me I always expect to be negative but there is always that voice in the back of your mind saying.. what if.

He mentioned several things that I already knew.. I'm over weight and need to lose at least 30 to 40 pounds and that I have dangerously high blood pressure. And that it's been high for several years so it's time to put me on medication to try and control it. So besides my cholesterol medicine and my testosterone supplement I now have to take blood pressure medicine.

Getting old sucks!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I don't wanna sound like a lecturer here, but dropping the weight my help the cholesterol and the BP. Not sure if it will help with the need for the testosterone supplement or not.

    Now, AS you lose the weight, you need to see your doc regularly to adjust both the BP and the Cholesterol meds.

    I don't subscribe to any particular way of losing weight or diet. If you would like, I can email you and tell you what's working for me (39, female, lost 30lbs in one year. Still got about 80 to go.)

    ReplyDelete