Monday, October 10, 2011

Lunch, Potter and More

Today my buddy Scott and I planned to go to lunch and then stop by the Harry Potter themed store Whimsic Alley. Scott just moved here from New Jersey and is a huge Harry Potter fan like me and he just happened to live a few blocks from this store and hadn't been yet. So we walked to this great burger joint called The Counter and had a nice lunch. While we were chatting during lunch he mentioned going to the Grove after Harry Potter and since I didn't have plans and enjoy Scott's company, it was a no brainier. So we finished lunch and then headed over to the Potter store, but we found out that the store is closed on Mondays and Tuesday. I was extremely bummed because I love showing the store to new folks especially Potter fans. So we had to postpone seeing Whimsic Alley and we headed to The Grove. We spent the next few hours chatting and checking out all the stores at The Grove. While taking a break we started talking about new TV and both mentioned how we enjoy the new series Terra Nova and it just so happens that the third episode airs tonight, so we made plans to watch it together. We still had about 2 1/2 hours before it was to start so we went to the movie theater but unfortunately the movies we wanted to see weren't playing at the right time so we just headed back to his place. Once at Scott's we watched the premiere episode of season two of Happy Endings, which I had never seen but wanted to... funny stuff. We ordered some pizza and around 8:30 started to watch Terra Nova. Another fun but predictable episode. Both Scott and I agreed it's much more enjoyable watching TV with someone then it is by ourselves. We're going to try and make this a semi-regular thing (schedules permitting).

So what was suppose to be a hour lunch visit turned into an eight hour day of AWESOME. I've said it before and I'll continue to say it.. I have some GREAT friends and I'm so happy to call Scott one of them. Thanks for a FANTASTIC day buddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment