Saturday, March 31, 2012

Movies, Movies and More Movies

Chris, Aaron, Rupert and I got up early this morning and headed to a Cafe that I have driven by for over three years. It's called Halfway House Cafe and it's located in the middle of no where off Sierra Highway. Again this goes back to Chris making me expand my "food" universe we decided to try it out for breakfast. They had a very wide selection of foods and everyone found something they loved. Chris actaully went a bit crazy and got several dishes. One thing I love about this group is we normally get different things to eat but then share with everyone so everyone gets a taste of everything.

After breakfast we started our day of movie watching. First up is I Am Legend. This is a movie that I wanted to see in the theater but never had time. So I was excited when Chris choose this one. I really enjoyed this movie.. I'm a huge Will Smith fan. I know it's a remake of a remake but I enjoyed the story very much. You feel horrible for this guy who thinks he's the last man on Earth and haven't seen another human being for over three years.

After I Am Legend we went with something funny.. Yes Man. This is a Jim Carrey movie but also has Zooey Deschanel (who's become extra hot as of late). I remember when this came out in the theaters but really had no interest in it since I'm not a huge Jim Carrey fan. I really enjoyed this movie. Both Carry and Deschanel had great chemisty. And the story was very sweet. Aaron had to leave halfway through the movie for a shoot.

Now back to dramas with Seven Pounds. This is another Wil Smith movie and extremely dramatic. I was confused during half of the movie trying to figure out what was going on. But in the end wound up loving this movie. Loved the fact that he gave his heart (literally) to a woman whom he fell in love with. It can't get anymore romantic then that.

We needed a comedy next so we went with Accepted with Justin Long. This is a very far fetched but very funny comedy about a few kids who don't get accepted into collage and make up their own.. soon mayhamn preceeds and it ends with heart. I perfect movie to watch after the very dramatic Seven Pounds. 

The next movie most of my friends can't beleive I had never seen but I never got to see it in the theater and I wasn't a HUGE fan of the first movie. The Dark Knight is what I'm talking about. But this was it.. I about to watch The Dark Knight for the first time. I really enjoyed it, I thought it was much better then Batman Begins and I'm glad I finally got around to watching it. 

And to wrap up my day of movie watching... Slumdog Millionaire. Again I heard so much about this movie when it came out and it did well with the Oscars but never got around to watching it. I even had a screener of it for a few years but never watched it. I have to saw I really enjoyed it. I liked the format of the movie, it's told through flashbacks for the majority of the movie. I'm glad it had a happy ending... it was a nice way to finish this all day movie marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment