Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pizza and Firefly

Tonight I was hanging with another one of my besties.. this time it was Robert. And I would be traveling to his place in Los Angeles. I left my place around 6pm, I needed to be at his place at 7:30pm. Traffic on the freeway was great and I got to LA in record time. Still had a half hour to get to his place but once I got off onto surface roads everything changed and for the next hour I was in bumper to bumper traffic and only had to go about five miles. I finally got to his place around 8pm (took me two hours).

Once at his place we ordered some pizza and began our Firefly marathon. Robert is a noob Browncoat. He has only seen the first 2/3rds of the pilot Serenity. Robert and I previously did a movie/pizza night at his place but since I found out that he hasn't seen Firefly I turned our movie nights into Firefly nights. So for the next few months will be doing Firefly nights at his place.

As I said he saw the first 2/3rds of the pilot so we watched the last fifteen minutes of the pilot Serenity before putting on The Train Job (ep. 2). Pizza arrived as we started with episode three Bushwhacked and we finished off the night with one of my favorite episodes.. Episode 4 Shindig.

Robert enjoyed every episode and fell in love with Kaylee.. but I mean come on.. I'm a gay man and I fell in love with Kaylee. Re-watching Firefly is so much fun. I've been with the series since it first aired out of order on Fox and I have loved every minute of it. I'm so happy to be able to share this love with one of my best friends. Soon Robert will be quoting the show and calling himself a Browncoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment