Sunday, August 5, 2012

Disneyland (DCA) & Curiosity

Spent the night at my buddy Robert's place last night. He lives about 40 minutes from Disneyland compare to my hour and 20 minutes.  We got up and out the door around 9am. We got to Disneyland in about 40 minutes and took the tram to Downtown Disney. We were both hungry and stopped by a pretzel place to get a hot dog pretzel and some lemonade.

We then went in between the parks to get a locker and text the party we were meeting up with. This was our buddy Anthony's birthday celebration. They were over at DCA (Disney California Adventures) so we meet up with them at the "food court".

Once we were all together, their were nine of us we headed over to Toy Story Mania, because Anthony walks with a cane we can normally get into the "fast pass" lines but with Toy Story Mania there is no fast pass or handicap line so we normally just wait the hour to get in. This time my friend Jessica who use to work there had some "special" passes and was able to get all of us in right away. After that ride we went on Screaming. Then Mickey's Fun Wheel and Silly Symphony Swings.

We headed over to Goofy's Sky School but it was a long wait so instead we grabbed a Fast Pass and made way over to Cars Land. This was my first time seeing Car's Land and I have to say is they did a pretty awesome job at creating that land. Our plan was to get some fast passes for Radiator Springs but got side tracked with yummy ice cream. That took us a while to get but was well worth it on such a hot day. After that we did make it over to get some "Fast Passes" for Radiator Springs. Oh our way over to Tower of Terror we noticed that Luigi's Flying Tires had only a hour wait but the line was in a very air conditioned area so we opted to get in line. This was the first time riding this and though it was short (especially for the long wait) it was an enjoyable ride.

Made our way through Bug's Land to Tower of Terror. Everyone had a fast pass with exception of Robert and I so we took a chance and asked if we could still get in with our group without Fast Passes and they were nice enough to allow us. So we all rode Tower of Terror and loved it.

Time for lunch so we went back to the Wharf as they have many different restaurants. I got Chinese and was very disappointed (way to many veggies). But others shared their Mexican food and that was pretty tasty.. and so we the Chinese once I got rid of all the veggies.

After lunch the gang, with exception of Jessica went back to Goofy's Sky School to use our Fast Pass. I love that ride.. always have a blast.

Now this is what I was looking forward to most.. we got in line for Radiator Springs. We were able to bypass the 2 hour line with Anthony's handicap passes and our wait went from two hours to about an a half hour.

As for the ride it was pretty AWESOME.. lots of fun. Only complaint is that we didn't race against anyone, which of course meant we won. I look forward to riding that again in the near future and actually racing someone.

Once that was over we had planned to go over to Disneyland and ride Star Tours before Robert and I left, but the group wanted to grab some Starbucks beforehand and that took longer then expected and we ran out of time as Robert and I wanted to leave at 7. So we took a group shot and said our goodbyes and headed back to his place. Got back a little after 8pm. Said goodbye to Robert and headed home and got home around 9pm and caught up on the day's emails and posts.

Around 10ish I started to watch the news who was covering the live landing of the Mars Rover Curiosity. It was a pretty exciting experience. It's amazing to me how they can launch something from Earth and hit a target millions of miles away.. truly, truly amazing.

It was a great way to end a fun filled day at Disneyland (which we never stepped foot in).

No comments:

Post a Comment