Monday, November 12, 2012

Firefly 10th Anniversary Special

10 Years Ago
So I heard about this during comic con. Firefly recently started airing on Science Channel and it's doing really well so they decided to do a 10th anniversary special and filmed alot of it at San Diego comic con.

I've been a fan of Firefly since it first air (out of order) on Fox. From the first episode (The Train Job) I loved it. I loved the characters, the writing, the ship, the look and everything about it.  I followed it as it's bounced around the schedule and was devastated, but not surprised when I heard it was cancelled. I had most episodes recorded on some VHS tapes and would watch them over and over. Then found some bootleg DVD's on Ebay.

A few years later I was thrilled to hear that Firefly was coming to DVD and that they were finishing the effects and such on the 3 unaired episodes. I was there the day the box set came out and spent alot money to buy it. I came home and for the next day I watched every episode in order and was in heaven when I watched the brand new episodes. I was super excited to hear that boxset was selling out everywhere and they had to print more DVD and create more boxsets.

Today
Then a few years later there were rumors that Universal picked up Firefly and was going to create a movie based on the Firefly universe. Well those rumors were true and we got a sort of conclusion to the Firefly saga with Serenity. I was blow away by this movie. I saw it six or seven times in the theater and loved it.

Now ten years later I watch this special with tears in my eyes seeing these actors reminisces about being on set and how much fun they had. Watching them being brought to tears talking about fellow cast members and their fans. I knew I loved Firefly but after watching these special I realized that Firefly is and will always be one of my all time favorite sagas of all time. It joins the ranks of Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. If we never get another TV series, movie or comic book, I'm perfectly content as I have 16 hours of awesome, awesome entertainment to enjoy over and over again.

Thank you Joss Whedon and the entire cast and crew of Firefly/Serenity for giving me something that has touched my heart in so many ways. I'm proud to call myself a Browncoat.. now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment