Thursday, November 29, 2012

My Twinkie Adventure

So I went to the grocery store today and while in the bakery section I looked for any more Hostess Twinkies, Ding Dong or Cup Cake (those 3 are my favorites). I wanted to pick up three or four boxes of each to store as they are no longer making them. I know the news broke a few weeks ago but I honestly didn't expect everything to be gone. I assumed they had thousands of boxes in warehouses and they be on the shelves for a few months.:(

I checked a few more stores and no one had any hostess anything left. I was bummed. I went to ebay to see if anyone was selling anything and of course there were 10,000 auctions going on with people selling everything hostess. It looked like the average cost of 1 Twinkie on ebay was about $5.  There was even an auction of 1 box of Twinkies for 5 million (not joking).

Now I love Twinkies but there is no way I am going to pay $5 for one Twinkies. I did bid $5 on six or seven auctions for full boxes of Ding Dongs and Twinkies but if I get outbid, so be it as I won't pay anymore for those things.

I  know other companies are vying to buy the secret recipe and continue to make them so I'm not that desperate to find some.. but I'd still like to get my hand on at least a box of each. So if you see any boxes of Ding Dongs, Twinkies or Cup Cakes pick them up for me and I'll be happy to pay you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment