Thursday, February 14, 2013

LOTRO is Down!!!!

So today at 6am EST Lord of the Rings Online went down for a 24 hour maintenance fix. I normally play a little bit before I drive into work (half hour to an hour), and a bit on my lunch if I'm lucky (half hour max) and then when I get home (hour or two).

When I woke up this morning I remembered that the game would be offline and I took it in stride. I told myself that I could handle not playing for the day. I mean I just started playing in December, how hard would it be to stop for the day. Well it's a lot harder then I would have ever expected. Lucky for me it was a really busy day at work so it took my mind off not being able to play... for the most part.

Now I don't know if you can call them withdrawal symptoms but I really missed playing. I miss quickly jumping on and mining for ore for a half hour. I miss immersing myself into Middle Earth. It's crazy.. it's only been 12 hours since I stopped playing the previous night, but I am really missing it.

I knew when I started playing, that I would get addicted to this game. That is why I never started World of Warcraft. But would I call myself an obsessed?? No not really...I mean I still sleep seven hours a night. I come to work for 10 hours and do my job, yes I might play on my break and I do tend to jump on for a few hours at night, but not every night, as I mentioned in previous blogs, playing the game is a great way for me to relieve stress.

I did discover that Lord of the Rings Online has an official tweeter account @LOTRO. For the downtime they did trivia and gave away "in game" points. I answered all the questions correctly but alas I did not win any points.

Lucky for me I have dinner plans today.. so hopefully that will keep my mind off of playing LOTRO.

No comments:

Post a Comment