Saturday, February 16, 2013

Busy Saturday

Today was a busy day.. first thing I did this morning was get online with a group of friends and try and get San Diego Comic Con tickets for some other friends. I mean I already have my own tickets but I wanted to help out some of those who didn't get them last time. It was kind of crazy but in the end we got tickets for everyone who was online and needed them. I manage to get four tickets for friends. I can't wait for this years Comic Con

Lord of the Rings Online is back up!!! Wooohooo!!!! I played for a few hours.. it was bliss.

I've been debating on getting the new iPhone 5 for a while now. I have been eligible for an upgrade from AT&T for almost a year. The only thing holding me back was the new charger. I hate that they changed it over to the smaller connector. I like having many connectors (home, car, work) and now not only do I have to get a new phone I have to buy new connectors. I did consider getting a 4 or 4s as my phone is a 3gs. The 4 16gigs was .99 cent, and the 4s 16gigs was $99. I knew both of those would have been an upgrade from what I have but there was something that kept telling me to go for the 5. I chatted online with my buddy Chris to get his input. We talked it over and I figured I'll be getting the new iPad when it comes out and I'm sure it will also have the new connector so I went online and ordered the new iPhone 5. Now my next dilemma was which one to get, 16gigs, 32gigs or 64gigs. Since I was signing a 2 year agreement I was getting $450 off the phone, which meant I would pay either $199, $299 or $399. I don't use my phone to watch video, I hate watching on the small screen and my current phone is only 8gigs and I've never filled it up so I opted for the 16gigs for $199. I can't wait to get the new phone. Should have early next week.

So I got my insurance paperwork on my new car today. I have Lojack and was told that I would be getting a discount because of that. Well I was shocked at the amount that was taken off my insurance premium because of the Lojack. It was a whopping four dollars a year.. yeah four dollars. I think it cost me more to fill out the form and email it to them. I couldn't believe it. I first thought it was a joke, I mean a $4 discount is nothing and the cost of the Lojack was much much more. But no that is the discount that my insurance company offers. I may be on the lookout for a new insurance company.

I made some cupcakes for a housewarming party I was to attend later in the evening. I mixed two different cake mixes to make Dark Chocolate and Strawberry Swirl cupcakes. I think they turned out very tasty.

Speaking of House warming party I headed out around 4:30pm, I had a few errands to run beforehand. The house party was for my friends Dallas and Jes. I helped them move in a few weeks ago and was looking forward to checking out there place all set up. It was a fun party, they had an Avengers theme. They had masked and we played Ironman, Ironman2, Thor and Captain America in the background. We had yummy snacks, played a game of Cards Against Humanity. Got to hang out with some friends I haven't seen in a while. It was a fun night. Said my goodbyes around midnight and headed home.  You can check out pictures from the party HERE

It was a busy but fun day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment