Thursday, February 28, 2013

SDCC Hotel, Willow and Hobbites

Woke up to an email that informed me that I did not get any of my hotel choices and that I have been "waitlisted" for hotels at San Diego Comic Con. I quickly got online to see if any of my friends got in and the few I talked to the news was grim. I quickly started to panic and jump online to search for hotels around the area.. I just wanted to book something just in case. I did find a 2 star hotel just under a mile away from the convention center. It was going to cost just over $2050 for the four nights, but splitting that four ways made it roughly $515 per person and I didn't think that was bad so I booked it.

As soon as I did that my buddy Robert facebooked that he got into the Westin. That's only 9 blocks from the convention center and at the amazingly low price of $251 a night. I quickly contacted him and asked if my brother, Chris and I could be the other three of the quartet. He added out names to the rooms and quickly booked it. We are still waiting on confirmation but it looks like I got me a pretty nice and close hotel room for SDCC at a very affordable price. I'm keeping the hotel I booked earlier just to be safe. Once we get the confirmation I'll offer it to some friends to see if they want it before I cancel it.

Warwick Davis tweeted that they were screening Willow on the big screen down in Santa Monica on Saturday to celebrate it's 25th anniversary and bluray release. The writer is going to be there to talk about the making of the movie. I really wanted to go to this so I tweeted and facebooked to see if anyone wanted to join me.. so far no takers. I have to decide if I can't find anyone to go with me will I go alone.. I do love Willow and would love to see it on the big screen again.

Hobbit news.. the 3rd movie There and Back Again which was slated to come out the summer of 2014 has been pushed to December just like parts 1 and 2. I think this makes since as The Lord of the Rings came out December 2001, December 2002 and December 2003. So now The Hobbit will be coming out in December 2012, December 2013 and December 2014. I can't wait for part two of this EPIC trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment