Sunday, February 24, 2013

Superman Movie Marathon - Sunday

Got up and made some breakfast, this time it was eggs, sausage, potatoes and toast. Ate breakfast and planned out our day. First up was Vasquez Rocks. It was cold in the 40's and the wind was blowing but it's a tradition so we bundled up and headed out. I can say that it's an experience, hiking in the cold weather getting hit by extremely cold breezes. I figured we'd hike for about 15 minutes and then be on our way but once out there folks were actually having fun. It was fun almost being blown over by gusts of winds while standing on the edge of a hilltop. In the end we actually hiked for about an hour and a half... good times were had.

Once back home we continued our Superman marathon, this time we watched something that I had not seen yet. It was the animated movie Superman and Batman: Public Enemies. It was very enjoyable. This is the first Superman cartoon I have seen since the old Justice League. I hope to see many more.

We grabbed some lunch (leftover sandwiches from yesterday) and started watching Smallville. We watched the first two episodes of Season 1. I've seen Smallville season 1 and 2 and the start on 3 but I do own seasons 1 - 9 on DVD and plan to watch the rest one day. Those who hadn't seen Smallville seemed to really enjoy it. Anthony and Michele left after Smallville leaving Rupert, Robert, Brett, Aaron and Josh

We debated on watching another of the Superman movies but instead, and keeping with the theme of superheros we watched Pixar's Incredibles.  That's one of my favorites from Pixar.  After the movie Brett, Aaron and Robert headed home. That left Josh, Rupert and I to watch the Oscars. I normally don't watch the Oscars live but since I was watching with folks we did exactly that.

I actually really enjoyed this years Oscars and host Seth MacFarlene. Maybe it was because I was watching with friends. Something I haven't done in a while. Normally I watch them as mentioned recorded and speed through the boring stuff. But it was fun watching them live and then watching twitter as it exploded every time a category was announced.

After the Oscars Josh and Rupert departed and that officially ended my Superman Movie Marathon.

I'm glad I started these marathon's back up as it was fun seeing my friends and hanging out for the weekend. Not sure when I'll have the next one and I'm not sure how big it will be. I know we have Wondercon coming up in March so I might plan another event for April.. stay tuned.

You can check out more pictures HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment