Saturday, March 2, 2013

Just Another Geeky Saturday

Woke up around 7am and got straight to work on clearing out my guest room. I don't think I blogged about this  but my friends Anthony and Michele need a place to live temporarily (a few months) and they asked if they could rent out my guest room. Of course I love helping out friends when I can and the extra $ will come in handy as well as the extra help around the house to get it ready to be sold. So they were moving in later tonight and I wanted to get the room ready for them. I had to clean out the closest and the TV cabinet. It only took about an hour to box up all that extra stuff and take it to the garage. I realized that I'm going to have to do some major thinning out of my stuff before I move. That's going to be an adventure in it's self.

Anyways after cleaning the guest room I moved on to working on my Alien Nation podcast. The program I used to rip episodes is not working for some reason so I have to find an alternate program. Took me a few tries but I think I found one that will work for me. I ripped the next two episodes and imported them into the Avid (this took about an hour and a half).

While the importing was happening I made some breakfast and watched the season finale of Star Wars The Clone Wars, This is the fifth season finale and there has been so much hype about the fate of Ahsoka and weather she would die at the end. As all Star Wars fans know Ahsoka does not appear in Episode 3 and since The Clone Wars takes place between Episodes 2 & 3 something has to happen to her. I've been a HUGE Ahsoka fan since she first appeared in the Clone Wars movie and was really worried how they were going to end her story. ::SPOILERS:: I was actually very happy with how they did it. I mean I'm not happy that she's gone.. but the final four part series was really well done and for her to be kicked out of the Jedi order and then asked back only to decline the offer was fantastic. The actors and animators did an amazing job at conveying the struggle within Ahsoka upon leaving the order and the pain Anikin was feeling, as though he had let her down. I was in tears by the end and speaking of the end the final scene of the episode was just AMAZING!!! ::END SPOILERS::

I don't know if Star Wars The Clone Wars is coming back for a sixth season. I know they have episodes in the can and have been working on them for over a year but with the recent purchase of Lucasfilm by Disney everything seems to be up in the air. We do know that it won't be returning to the Cartoon Network schedule, but will one of the Disney channels pick it up... I sure hope so. I loved getting new Star Wars every week, but if this is the end.. it was a FANTASTIC five year run and I loved every minute of Star Wars The Clone Wars.

After Clone Wars I jumped on to Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) and played for an hour before heading out to the bank to deposit some checks and El Pollo Loco to get some lunch.

When I got back I was still in a LOTR mood (I know when am I not) So I decided to pop on The Hobbit. This is only my second time watching this screener and my fifth time seeing the movie. I have been jonesing for some Hobbit for a month so I finally decided that I would take a few hours and watch, thought I had tons of podcasting stuff to do.

The Hobbit ended and I jumped back on LOTRO for an hour before Anthony and Michele (my new roomies) arrived. We sat around and chatted for about and hour and a half before they called it a night and I, of course, jumped back on to LOTRO and played for another hour. Finally went to bed close to midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment