Monday, March 25, 2013

As I Get Older


Today while talking to a friend online I responded to one of his questions with this answer.

"As I get older I'm realizing that money is not a big thing for me. If I just make enough to survive but do something I love.. then that's a life worth living"

I've said it before but I don't think it hit me as hard as it did today. I feel like all I ever do is work and I'm missing out on so much of living life. The past few years I've been slowly changing that. I haven't worked as much, only 9 out of the last 24 months (that was not by choice). I mean it killed me financially, using up all my savings, but for my social life it's never been better. I was having big movie marathon parties every month, I met some of the most amazing friends the past few years. I've even traveled a little bit.

Of course money is important to living life. With a mortgage to worry about I have to at least try and find work as much as I can. Once this house is sold and I don't have it hanging over my head.. who know what will happen. I've been wanting to move to England for a year. Just to experience something different.

But one thing is for sure, as I get older I'm realizing what is important to me and how I want to live out the other 40 years of my life. And it's not working a ton of hours and making a ton of money so I can have a ton of things. I want to experience living, loving and laughing. I want to help others, I want to make a difference if not to the world then to one person. I want my life to mean something.

No comments:

Post a Comment