Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Disneyland III

Today I went to Disneyland for the third time this year. This time I went with my buddy Brett. I got there around 10am and from the moment I pulled up to the parking structure I knew it was going to be a busy day. There were lines of cars outside the structure. In the past few years when I have gone to Disneyland there has never been cars this far out.

Surprisingly it didn't take that long to park. I was on the fifth level, I've parked on the sixth (top) level many times. I got to and on the tram fairly easy and was soon walking up to Brett who was waiting for me out front. Once again the lines to get through security were longer then I've ever seen, but as with parking they didn't take too long to get through.

Once inside Brett and I decided to go to Disney California Adventures first as we figured it would be
less crowded and then we'd go over to Disneyland later in the day assuming folks with kids would go home by then.

Yeah we were wrong. I have never seen DCA so crowded. Now this is great for DCA as it's struggled to find people but with the new Carsland it's really become quite a popular place. Every ride was an hour to two hour wait. Some like the Radiator Springs Racers were 3 1/2 hours wait.

Since both Brett and I are season pass holder we decided that we were not going to wait in the very long lines. we were going to just enjoy each others company and walk around and enjoy the parks. But the first ride we actually got on was The Little Mermaid ride as the wait was only 10 minutes. Afterwards we headed over to Goofy's Sky School, the wait was over an hour. Brett was so surprised by these wait time but for this ride I was not surprised as it's always busy and very popular. I convinced him to get a fast pass for this one. So we got our fast pass and then went next door to get a corn dog (kind of a tradition). We then walked around to the Mickey's Fun Wheel. As we were walking by Brett said he's only been in the stationary cars but never on the swinging ones.. so of course we had to get in line. The wait time said 60 minutes but it actually took us about 45 minutes to get on. It was a lot of fun.


Next we went over to Screaming and once again the line was incredibly long, I've never seen it this long before so we opted to skip it. At this time we were able to use our fast pass on Goofy's Sky School. So we made our way back over there and rode that ride. Brett hadn't been on it since it was re-label Goofy's Sky School.. it's actually one of my favorite rides at DCA.

We then went to Tower of Terror, which was a 70 minute wait so we grabbed a fast pass but it was good for 8:25pm... that was six hours away.

We opted to leave DCA and head over to Disneyland. Now we thought DCA was bad.. Disneyland was even worse. Our first stop was Star Tours... the wait was an hour but this was one ride we though was worth it. It actually took us about and an hour to get on the ride, but was well worth it as I got two of my favorite worlds.

Afterward we went and grabbed some spaghetti at the pizza place. We then kind of just walked around. We checked out the new section of Fantasy land, which was pretty cool. I can't wait to see the new Beauty and the Beast show. I was looking for a soft serve ice cream place but come to find out that Disneyland doesn't have any so we headed back to DCA for ice cream.

We got into the single rider line for Radiator Springs Racers. The wait was about an hour but compared to the 3 hour wait for the regular line we were cool with that. What was great is that Brett and I were in separate cars but we actually raced each other... my car won of course :)

We finished our day waiting in line for Toy Story Mania. I love this ride but the wait is always so long but this time around the wait was about and hour and I didn't think that was too bad. It did feel like forever in that line but we finally rode it, Brett won with points but I was more accurate.

We finished our visit with a churro on our way out of the parks. Instead of taking the tram back to the parking structure Brett suggested we walk. It was a nice night and it allowed us to hang out just a bit longer.

Even thought the place was packed and we rode about six rides it was another awesome trip to Disneyland. Best part was getting to hang out with my good friend Brett.. can't wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment