Sunday, March 24, 2013

Paypal, Dragons & Webseries

Woke up this morning to several emails from PayPal thanking me for using their services. I even set up a recurring payment plan. Only problem is I don't have a clue what these are for. My PayPal account had been hacked. This is the first time this has happen to my PayPal account. I quickly changed my password. I then went and canceled the reoccurring payment and then informed PayPal of the fraud.

It was to difficult, there is a little bit of information you have to fill out but for the most part it was pretty painless. There were only fraudulent charges on there one for $50 for some online stock place and the other was $11.64 (it also had the reoccurring payment plan set up). Wasn't sure what that was for.

About 3 hours later PayPal contacted me and said that they found in my favor and that the money would be returned to me ASAP. This was for the $50 charge. I have no doubt that they will favor me with my next one as well.. but I'm still waiting to hear back.

It wasn't a very productive today, I spent some time playing Lord of the Rings Online but only a few hours.

The bulk of my day was taken up watching recorded stuff off my DVR. It's getting pretty full so I decided to take the day and try and watched as much as I could. I'm a huge Fantasy lover, as many of you know. Back in December Syfy aired two D&D made for TV movies. The original Dungeons and Dragons opened in the theaters and bombed. I actually really enjoyed it (surprise, surprise). So I was really looking forward to seeing these two TV movies. They weren't true sequels of the first but they were set in the same world and the bad guy from the first is actually in the second movie. I watched Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God last week and really enjoyed it so today I watched the other one, Dungeons & Dragons: The Book of Vile Darkness. It had a very different story from the other D&D movies and the effects were much better then the previous Wrath of the Dragon God. It was very entertaining and I do hope they continue making these made for TV movies sent in the Dungeons and Dragon world.

After the D&D movie I started watching Faceoff. This is Season three and I've enjoyed the previous seasons. I have about eight or nine of the episode recorded. Today I watched the first five episodes. I knew once I started I would have a hard time stopping.. it's a very addictive show.

To finish off my day I chatted via Vent with my buddy and co-writer of our new Webseries Chris. We finished off the script for episode 104. Both he and I are very happy with it. We moved some things around, but I think it's all for the better. I did a bit of work on 105 but Chris had to get to bed around 8pm my time as he gets up in the early am (3am). I worked on 105 for another hour or so but then got stuck on some dialogue and called it a night.

I'm very happy with the progress that we are making. The script for episode 5 is more then half done and Chris started working on the script for episode 6. I think the goal of getting at least the first draft of the season one written by SDCC is an obtainable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment