Saturday, March 16, 2013

Cos-play Prepping & St. Paddy Day Party

Today I went through my Hobbit cosplay items. Wondercon is coming up in a few weeks and I needed to make sure I had everything. This year I have been collecting various accessories for my Hobbit outfit. I didn't want to be the same Hobbit as I was the previous two years. So I purchased a LOTR Gold One Ring, a silver chain to hang it from, a toy version of Sting (figured the cons wouldn't let me bring in a real sword). I got a new shirt and vest. Still in search for a pipe and sword sheath. Keeping my pants (as I put a lot a work into making those) and my cape (it's still in great shape). I also ordered some more ears. Still no 100% happy with the ones I ordered (I used them last year as well) but they are the closest thing I have at the moment. I washed my Hobbit wig (it's real hair) and brushed it out.. well that was a mistake (see picture). So I re-wet it and let it dry naturally. All I have to do is curl it up a bit (now that I own a curling iron) and it will be good to go. I'm still using my same feet that Greg Aronowitz made for me a few years ago. I never expected them to last this long but they are doing pretty good. I am going to be asking Greg is make me a new pair for SDCC this year as I don't think they will last much longer.

So I spent the morning prepping my Hobbit stuff and I also did some things around the house (like laundry). Afterwards I jumped on the computer and played a little LOTRO before I headed out for a St. Patrick's Day party.

My buddy Will puts on these EPIC St.Paddy's Day parties every year, and for various reasons I'm not able to go. But this year I made sure I blocked out the date months in advance so I could go. I got there around 8pm and was one of the first to arrive. I debated on drinking as if I did drink I will no drive so that meant I would have to crash at his place. Normally I wouldn't have minded but I had some podcasts to record the next morning and I didn't want to miss it or feel like crap while recording so I opted not to drink. In hindsight I think that was a bad idea. Now I'm not saying that I didn't have fun but I think if I would have had a few shots I'd have had a much better time.

I'm not good at parties, especially with folks I don't know. Wills' friends are all nice but I knew about 6 of the 40 people there. And I don't work well in large groups. I pretty much talked to the few friends I knew and pretty much sat in the corner all night. Watching some of my friends get drunker and drunker as the night progressed was fun but I did miss not participating with them. I left the party just after midnight but I heard it went on for several hours afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment