Wednesday, March 6, 2013

LOTRO & Buffy

Today was my first official "out of work" day, since being let go. So what better to do then to play Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) all day. I woke up at 8am and started playing. Six hours later I realized that I was hungry and needed to take a break. Time sure flies when you're questing and killing orcs.

I was heading over to Roberts for some Buffy Re-Watch but first I had to stop by my old work to drop off some documents and they surprised me with a cake. It was very nice of them but of course the EP who had me fired acted all kind and sweet. I did find out after I left, that she went around to each person and tried to do some damage control. She found out that I did email everyone the night I was let go and when she said in the meeting the next day that I decided to leave, she was caught in a lie... so stupid!!
 
Anyways.. I headed over to Roberts for some pizza and Buffy re-watch. We're well into Season Four and tonight's episode were The Initiative, Pangs, Something Blue, and  Hush.

The Initiative was better then I remembered, we find out about Riley and the operatives running around the college. We have "neutered" Spike. Lot's of story moments and laughs.

Pangs was kind of like a "monster of the week" episode with a vengeful Native American spirit. Buffy wants to have the perfect Thanksgiving. Once again this episode is full of Joss witting writing and so many laughs.

Something Blue was another great episode, Willow is still upset after the breakup with Oz so she does a spell that, of course, back fires and causes her friends to have a few issues. Giles goes blind, Xander attracts monsters, Buffy and Spike are a couple and start planning their wedding. Lots of laughs and again great character dialogue.

And for our final episode of the night, it's one of my favorites "Hush". I've been waiting to share this episode with Robert since we started. Love this episode, it's creepy, funny and so amazing that two thirds of the episode is done in silence. And it also introduces one of my favorite characters on Buffy.. Tara. 

So we had four great episodes tonight. Lot's of fun and laughs. Can't wait to do this all again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment