Thursday, March 7, 2013

Podcasting Vs. LOTRO

Since I started playing Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) I have been struggling with my other hobby, podcasting. I currently have six podcasts, but only three really running at the moment; MASH 4077 Podcast, Alien Nation: The Newcomers Podcast and Knights of the Guild podcast. Confessions of a Fanboy is still going but I haven't released a new episode since the end of last year. Also My Gimpy Life podcast is on hiatus until a second season of that webseries is announced (if it actually happens) and my sixth podcast The Geek Roundtable has been in the works since October of 2010 but still hasn't seen the light of day.

Anyways I feel like when I do have free time all I want to do is play LOTRO but I have a great group of listeners who enjoy my podcasts and being a podcast listener myself I know how much I hate it when a favorite podcast of mine doesn't come out on a regularly scheduled time table.

So today I forced myself to finish my next Alien Nation podcast as it comes out in 3 days. I still have another MASH podcast to do and would love to get a KOTG and a new Confessions of a Fanboy done. But the call of the game got to me and as soon as I was done with the Alien Nation podcast I told myself that it was good enough and I should reward myself with playing a few hours of LOTRO.

Now I know better, I know when I start playing LOTRO I lose track of time and the next thing I know it's been six, seven, twelve hours but I was weak and didn't care. Of course after playing I'm upset with myself as I didn't get as much work done on podcasts as I would have liked. It's a vicious cycle, but it's tough finding a nice balance between the two hobbies.. and I'm sure I'll continue to struggle with it for the foreseeable future.. wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment